location:Home >> 签证种类 >> Family Visa

Overview of Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143

In contrast to the extensive processing period of the Subclass 103, Subclass 143 and 173 have shorter processing times, enabling parents to reunite with their children swiftly.

In general, Contributory Parent Visas can be divided into two categories: subclass 143 and subclass 173.

Subclass 143 requires a one-time payment of the entire contribution amount. In contrast, subclass 173 Contributory Parent Temporary Visa allows the contribution amount to be paid in two installments, with the remaining contribution paid within 2 years to convert it into a permanent residency visa. Parents holding a subclass 143 visa are not eligible to receive Australian pensions for a period of 10 years.

Eligibilities for Subclass 143 Contributory Parent Visa

1. This visa requires sponsorship from your children in Australia or another eligible sponsor, or from applicants holding a 173 Temporary Contributory Parent Visa.
2. The visa is applicable if, at the time of submitting the visa application, your child or stepchild is an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or a valid New Zealand citizen who has been residing in Australia in any capacity for over 2 years.
3. All parent migration visa applications need to meet the balance-of-family test: the applicant should have at least half or more of their children residing long-term in Australia, or a greater number of your children residing in Australia compared to those residing in other countries.

To meet standards, the primary applicant must meet the following conditions:

(1) The primary applicant must have at least half of their children and stepchildren who are Australian citizens or permanent residents and residing in Australia.
(2) Alternatively, if the primary applicant has more children with permanent residency in Australia than in any other country.

Please note:

The children involved in the balance of family test include children, stepchildren, and adopted children, etc.

For applicants who have obtained a Subclass 143 Contributory Parent Visa, they can only sponsor their spouse for migration after five years since their visa is granted. The processing time for the Subclass 143 Contributory Parent Visa is typically 24-36 months.

Note 1: For example, if you have not previously applied for a Subclass 173 visa and are applying directly for the Subclass 143 visa, when submitting your Subclass 143 application, you will first pay the base application fee of 4,765 Australian dollars (or 6,370 Australian dollars if both parents apply). Next, you will wait for a letter from the immigration department instructing you to pay the second installment, which is the contribution fee. This fee is 43,600 Australian dollars per person and must be paid in a lump sum. Once paid, you will be granted the Subclass 143 visa.

Note 2: You may also receive a letter from the immigration department requesting an Assurance of Support (AOS). This is a 10-year financial guarantee for applicants who are 18 years or older. The cost for the Assurance of Support is 10,000 Australian dollars for the primary applicant and 4,000 Australian dollars for family members aged 18 or older. The immigration department will refund the Assurance of Support fees to you after 10 years of holding the Subclass 143 visa.

Checklist for Subclass 143 Contributory Parent Visa

Document Needed for Applicants (the parents)

1-Passport bio page with signature of primary applicant

2-Certified copy of the primary applicant's former names (if applicable)

3-Certified copy of the primary applicant's marriage certificate

4-Two recent passport-sized photos of the primary applicant

5-Passport Bio Page with signature of Secondary Applicant

6-Certified copy of the secondary applicant's former names (if applicable)

7-Two recent passport-sized photos of the secondary applicant

Note: If the applicant is already in Australia, please provide the visa grant notification of Subclass 600, Subclass 676, or Subclass 173 (if applicable).

Documents Needed for the Sponsor (Children in Australia)

1-Proof that the Australian child/children have legally resided in Australia for at least 2 years before submitting the application. This can include rental/purchase agreements in Australia, utility bills, phone bills, etc., showing an Australian address.

2-Certificates of the familial relationship between the children in Australia and the parents. This may include a birth certificate that mentions both parents' names.

3-Scanned copies of the passports of children in Australia

4-Scanned copies of children’s PR or citizenship certificates.

 Newpoint boasts 14 registered immigration agents, with four of us specializing in partner immigration applications. Every year, Newpoint successfully assists hundreds of people in partner immigration visas, accumulating a wealth of successful cases in the industry. If you are interested in applying for a partner immigration visa, contact us who is one of the largest immigration agent teams in Australia. You can add us on WeChat for consultation at newpoint7, or call our 24-hour consultation hotline at 0425345166. We will arrange for a professional immigration lawyer to provide you with authoritative advice.

服务时间:周一到周五 9AM-5:30PM

  • 欢迎咨询
  • 欢迎咨询
  • 欢迎咨询
  • 欢迎咨询

MARA Code of Conduct | 关于我们 | 服务项目

Copyright © 2019-2022 All Rights Reserved.