Spousal migration

Recently, immigration policies have been tightened, and immigration authorities have intensified their scrutiny of applications involving fake spouses or fake same-sex partners, leading to a continuously rising rejection rate. In order to reunite with your partner as soon as possible, it is advisable to choose a reputable professional immigration agency to represent you.

The partner visa is particularly important for those who wish to reunite with their immediate partners and live together in Australia. This category grants Australian permanent residents or citizens the right to apply for their overseas partners to live together in Australia.

To apply for partner visas, you should meet the following conditions:

Both the applicant and the applicant's partner must be 18 years or older, and their relationship must be genuine and ongoing.

Married or de facto couples must be living together and have a genuine commitment to living together as a couple.

Both parties must have a genuine intention to marry and live together as spouses.

The applicant will be required to provide a series of documents and materials to prove the nature of the relationship. The Australian Department of Immigration may also request interviews with the applicant and their partner.

The Australian citizen or permanent resident sponsoring the applicant must be the same person and provide a legal source of income to support the applicant (i.e., the other party) during the first two years of their life in Australia and other expenses.

Types of Parter Visas:

There are different visa categories for spouses and partners in Australia, depending on whether the application is made from overseas or within Australia. Here are the main categories:

For applicants applying from overseas:

Subclass 309 Partner (Provisional) visa & Subclass 100 Partner (Migrant) visa: This visa allows overseas applicants to enter Australia and live with their Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen spouse.

For applicants applying within Australia:

Subclass 820 Partner visa (temporary) & Subclass 801 Partner visa (Permanent): This visa allows onshore applicants to continue living in Australia with their Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen spouse.

Subclass 300 Prospective Marriage visa: This visa is for overseas applicants who plan to marry their Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen fiance(e) in Australia. Once married, the visa holder can apply for permanent residency in Australia.

These visa categories cater to different circumstances and stages of relationships, such as married couples, de facto partners, and those planning to get married. The eligibility requirements and application processes may vary, so it's essential to consult with the Australian Department of Home Affairs or a professional immigration agent for the most up-to-date information and guidance.

"Processing Time:

The processing time for visas varies from country to country and is subject to individual circumstances of the applicants.

Based on recent case experience and historical records, the processing time for spouse visas typically ranges from 3 months to 15 months.

Fiancé/Fiancée visas may be processed within 9 months to 15 months.


Newpoint Migration has a team of 14 licensed migration agents, with four of them specializing in partner visa applications. Every year, Newpoint helps hundreds of people successfully apply for partner visas, accumulating a wealth of successful cases in the industry. If you are interested in applying for partner visas, contact one of the largest migration agent team in Australia. You can add us on WeChat for inquiries at newpoint7 or call our 24-hour hotline at 0425345166. We will arrange for a professional immigration consultant to provide you with authoritative advice.

服务时间:周一到周五 9AM-5:30PM

  • 欢迎咨询
  • 欢迎咨询
  • 欢迎咨询
  • 欢迎咨询

MARA Code of Conduct | 关于我们 | 服务项目

Copyright © 2019-2022 All Rights Reserved.